Friday 9 November 2012

Sedona Magic

Spanish lace
 Sedona USA, 2007

One of those once in a lifetime chances- you either take them and face the consequences, or you regret not taking the opportunity for the rest of your life....


Framed flamenco
I got the chance to travel to Las Vegas to attend and help at a photography convention, courtesy of a good friend.

My first time in the US, I relished the chance to experience the excesses of Vegas- the convention was a long weekend, so a bunch of us took the opportunity to schedule an extra trip to Sedona in Arizona- lots of big red rocks and sunshine. I'm so glad we did- the scenery was incredible and  the weather hot- there'd recently been a large bushfire in the area so large parts were fire damaged and blackened. 


Playing at models!
A big reason for our detour was to try out some of the ideas we'd picked up from the talks from the big professionals at the convention. I had never shot with a model before, and Juli didn't need much persuasion to pose for me, so we spent a very enjoyable few days photographing in some beautiful locations. 

I chose the image at the top of the page because it was taken as the sun went down, with Juli holding her Spanish Lace shawl to lend pattern to the light- I loved the effect it made across her face, but struggled to make the best of it. It was at that point that I realised I had so much more to learn about my chosen profession: theory is great, but there's nothing like getting out there and doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views? We'd love to hear!